THE EDGE MAGAZINE
SPRING 2017 APPLICATION
APPLICATION PDF: application-2017
At The Edge, we value punchy writing, killer photos and clean design. Looking for a
creative outlet or professional media experience? Join us in bringing our visions to life.
Please answer the following questions in a document and email all responses, along
with a resume and cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight on 2/19/17.
1. What’s your type?
Select 2 of the following teams you’d like to be a part of.
• Fashion (writing)
• Style (writing)
• Beauty & Wellness (writing)
• Features (writing)
• Photography/Video Team
• Social Media
• Logistics (scheduling, fundraising)
2A. If you want to write…
– Show us what you’ve got.
You’re in your first meeting to pitch an idea for an online article to your section
editor. What do you pitch?
– Everyone loves a free sample.
Copy-paste a page of your writing to give us a little taste of your talents.
2B. If you’ve got something else in mind…
– Design: Give us the deets. Let us know what programs you’re comfortable with
and attach 3 samples of your work.
-Photography/Video: Lights, camera, action. Tell us what equipment you’re
comfortable with and attach 5 samples of your work — photos or videos.
– Social Media: Follow for follow? Drop us your Instagram handle (yes, we want
to stalk you) and in 1-2 sentences, describe The Edge’s Instagram aesthetic.
– Logistics: Organization is key. Tell us if you’re a communications major, if you
know how to reserve the studios, and if you have any experience with